FIND OUT HOW TO GET STARTED WITH A DRIVING CAREER AT GATEWAY!
Interested in putting your truck to work and seeing the country? Give us a call at 574-533-5886 and find out how you can start bringing recreation to the nation!
You can also have your questions answered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be at least 23 years old.
- Have two years experience pulling a trailer or equivalent.
- Driving record (MVR) must be approved through Gateway's insurance
- No D.U.I. or O.W.I. for the past 10 years
- Can only have 1 non-major violations in past 3 years
- No major violations in the last 3 years
- Current D.O.T. Physical. To find a certified medical examiner near you, click here.
- Must have appropriate driver's license as per issuing state
- For Indiana: For-Hire Endorsement required.
- Class A CDL preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass Gateway's pre-hire road test
- Must have a smart phone
- Fifth wheel hitch rated for 18,000 lbs
- Extension Mirrors
- Adjustible receiver
- Auxiliary fuel tank
- Truck must be 2007 or newer
- Truck must be 3/4 ton, 1 ton or larger model
- License plate rated for 26,000 lbs
- DOT Annual Truck Inspection
- Unlaiden Insurance Covering $500,000 (can set up at orientation)
- Bumber hitch rated for at least 10,000 lbs
- 2 5/16" and 2" ball
- Fire Extinguisher (Must be mounted)
- 3 DOT certified dafety Triangles
- Mudflaps (must cover the width of the tires and be within 6" of the road)
- Torque Wrench (Clicker or Digital Style)
- No tint on windshield or front windows
- Car/Marine battery with battery box
- Spare Fuses for truck
- No radar detectors
- First-Aid Kit