Gateway's multi-haul division offers drivers the opportunity to transport multiple RVs at a time. Either a 48'-53' flat-bed or stepdeck trailer pulled by a 1 ton (or larger) truck or a "Haul and Tow Truck" can be used to deliver 2 or more RVs to dealerships. Multi-haul drivers can also book cars (or other vehicles) for the return trip. Some training or experience is required for proper loading and unloading.
- You must be at least 23 years old
- Have two years experience pulling a trailer or equivalent.
- Current D.O.T. Physical. To find a certified medical examiner near you, click here.
- Driving record (MVR) must be approved through Gateway's insurance
- No D.U.I. or O.W.I. for the past 10 years
- Must have a smart phone
Haul and Tow Truck Requirements
- No CDL is required
- Must have appropriate driver's license as per issuing state
- For Indiana: For-Hire Endorsement required.
- ELD required (we will provide)
- Truck must be 2000 or newer
- Truck bed must meet the following
- Must have a center rail
- Top of the bed must be no higher than 3 1/2 ft off the ground
- At least 25 ft long
- Winch strong enough to pull a 8,000 lbs trailer
- Ball tower with 2" and 2 5/16" balls
- At least 2 Wheel bonnets or similar tie downs
Flatbed Trailer Requirments
- Class A CDL
- ELD Required (we will provide)
- Trailer must have at least 45 ft of usable deck space
- Top of the deck must not be higher than 3 1/2 ft off the ground
- have a center rail
- winch strong enough to pull 8,000 lbs trailer
- Truck and trailer plates will need to be apportioned (will be done though us)