FIND OUT HOW TO GET STARTED WITH A DRIVING CAREER AT GATEWAY!
Interested in putting your truck to work and seeing the country? Give us a call at 574-533-5886 and find out how you can start bringing recreation to the nation!
You can also have your questions answered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be at least 23 years old.
- Be willing to participate in random drug screens.
- Have two years experience pulling a trailer or equivalent.
- Current D.O.T. Physical. To find a certified medical examiner near you, click here.
- Driving record (MVR) must be approved through Gateway's insurance
- No D.U.I. or O.W.I. for the past 10 years
- Must have appropriate driver's license as per issuing state
- For Indiana: For-Hire Endorsement required.
- Class A CDL preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass Gateway's pre-hire road test
- Must have a cell phone with a camera
- Heavy duty 3/4 ton or 1 ton model (long bed recommended)
- 10,000 LBS. rated bumper pull hitch
- Truck must be a 2002 or newer
- Unladen/Bobtail insurance covering $500,000 (call office for details)
- Extension mirrors (recommended)
- Mud flaps (must cover the width of the tires and be within 6" of the road)
- 2 5/16” and 2" ball (adjustable receiver is recommended)
- 18,000 pound rated fifth wheel hitch (recommended)
- License plate rated for 26,000 pounds
- Car battery with battery box
- Effective hands-free cell phone system
- 3 D.O.T. certified safety triangles
- Torque Wrench (clicker/digital style)
- Fire Extinguisher mounted in an easily accessible location
- First-aid kit
- Spare fuses
- Truck may not have a window tint on windshield or front windows
- No radar detectors
- D.O.T. annual truck inspection